Woodblock print by Katsushika Hokusai (1760-1849) (Yuyudo reprint) - The Tea plantation of Katakura in Suruga Province - From the series "Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji" - Japan - ca 1970
The Tea plantation of Katakura in Suruga Province is a wood block print by Japanese artist Hokusai (1760–1849), part of his Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji series, dating from c. 1830 to 1832. The work has been described as "one of the simplest and at the same time one of the most outstanding of all Japanese prints".
Technique: Woodblock print in passe-partout
Date: ca 1970
Size: 39x27cm (incl passe-partout)
Reasonable condition. Many ageing brown spots on print and passe-partout.
See photo's for impression and details.
Print is glued to the passe-partout.
Beautiful color and sharpness.
As usual, print will be shipped well packaged and secured.
- Woodblock-tulostus (Yuyudo-uusintapainos)
- noin 1970
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Katsushika Hokusai (1760-1849)
- Title of artwork
- The Tea plantation of Katakura in Suruga Province - From the series "Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji"
- Reasonable condition, see description
- 0.2×39×27 cm